Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Mt. Washington

Although it has been much too long after the fact, I am still posting about our beautiful and invigorating hike up Washington the end of September, right at peak season, just because it was such a spectacular time :)

The best part happened that morning before we left.... 
Josh called me at like 5:30 saying what I thought was just "Good morning". 
That seemed odd since he doesn't normally do that, but.... 
We just chit-chatted and then he said, 
"Why did you lock your little brother out??" 
I was puzzled as to what he was saying since the boys were all still sleeping, 
but I went downstairs and.....SCREAMED! 
He was standing right down by the basement door!!!
He totally drove through the night - 12 hours - to get here and surprise me and hike with us!

He bought us all hot cocoa for the ride to the mountain, too

 Water was everywhere as we hiked



Fin attempting a handstand.... Doesn't he look like a pro?! 

Elizabeth wanted me to get a picture of her doing a ballet pose....*magnificent!*

Annndd.... and when I turned around....Simon was copying her! 
I must say, they were both pretty good at it :)
 


  

Live long and prosper, Ben!


Josh can literally fall asleep anywhere. 

He's bigger than me finally.....

Such a nice little family picture of us four.... ;)

Elizabeth and I


On the Cog Railway
 
I like living on the wild side so I just walked right by this sign :)
In actuality, and seen by the pictures, the day was absolutely beautiful! A little windy at the top where we needed sweatshirts, but rather warm other than that.

The whole group of us that went

Oh, the fabulous memories of good times.
Thank you, Josh, for coming to make it even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment