Friday, November 20, 2015

That November....

.... before I turned 21....
That shall be how I place it in my memory book......
Sometimes I think of all the things I could be doing with my life, or all the places I could go, 
or all the sights I could see, but then I remember, 
Oh yeah, I AM doing all those things! Right now!
For instance.... I just returned from Hawaii. Yes. Those islands way out in the sea 
where most people only dream of going someday.
 It might as well have been another country too. 
Go there and you'll agree.

Never been to Ireland but I really felt like I was there


Got greeted with a lei for each of us at the airport.
We have friends that moved to Big Island, Hawaii, two years ago which meant we totally had another reason to visit. AND they were delighted to show 
Grace, Mercy, and I all around the island.
Numerous adventures!



The salty breeze in our hair and the sun on our faces.....

  
Sea turtles have got to be the coolest thing out there!

Another day while swimming, one swam right under me!
(I MAY have swallowed a ton of salt water in my excitement.... Ha)

State Flower: Hibiscus

Does this old pier look high? The answer: Yes!
Should we jump into the dark, unknown water? The answer: Yes!




Rainbow Falls....no rainbow since it was raining, but....!

(when little brothers take your pics for you, 
sometimes you have to make do with a lop-sided one:)

Lava glowing in one of the active volcanoes on Big Island

Speared a fish with this little guy! 
Best . Day. Ever.

Doesn't it look fake?

Geckos everywhere. Almost grabbed one once but was warned that the tail would fall off. 
Oh yeah! I remember learning that in school ;) 
Sorry little buddy, I'll leave you alone so you don't have to 
go the trouble of growing another tail....

Calvin striking a pose. Cutest little guy ever.

                                 
                                      Banyan  Trees

Roadside fruit stand.

Yum!

~ Visit to Pearl Harbor ~
Since it's on Oahu, Mercy and I flew over there for 2 days, 
seeing the sights and visiting a cousin and her husband.


Inside the USS Bowfin Submarine




Evenings on the beach were definitely ok by us! 

Above-mentioned cousins with their new baby

Sunsets are fine also 





 Gazing out upon the wide blue yonder......

Beach bummin' it

Sea turtle anyone?



Photoshoot 


Lovely


Young ladies 


Hardly could handle the excitement and anticipation before going, 
but now the thought that I was actually in HAWAII.........
Yep,  it's still hard to believe.
Just one of those memories that I'm gonna love looking back upon:)





1 comment: