Saturday, June 14, 2014

And Then I Did It

I actually did it!!! 
I actually taught a public speaking camp that had 20, nine to twelve-yr-olds. 
Totally not something I would have planned on doing this last week, but a position 
I got placed in that didn't turn out too bad after all!

This is me being official and grown up and a teacher and all that 
that really only happened for 3 days and then probably went away again ;)

There is a curriculum for homeschooling called Classical Conversations which 
Mom has been doing with the boys and in the summer there
 is a practicum to enjoy for parents and children alike. 
The kiddos go to camps such as my public speaking camp while 
their parents are listening to the speakers.

These are a few of my boys. 
The two in the front are totally and completely depicted as they are. 
Definitely the highlight and energy of the class.

Evan (back left) wrote his name tag the first day as, "Evan the Weirdo", while Eli (back right) 
explained in detail how he was really only passing time while
 his parents were busy so I should just have us all play games and hang out 
instead of actually learn something like public speaking.
Needless to say, we didn't play games the whole time, much to the boy's chagrin. =)

Elliot was seriously my fav (don't tell the others, especially Eli because he was trying 
to get me to tell him who was the #1 but I wouldn't tell him, even though 
he was close) although I did enjoy them all.


Noah was feeling that rain!

Elliot and Charis (both 11-yrs-old) were my privileged two 
who got to give speeches to the parents using all they learned in my class. 

 Evan and Eli and I were in jail while playing capture the flag 
so we started singing songs from Frozen at the top of our lungs. 
"Let it go, let it go. Can't hold it back any moooorrrrre!!!!"
But when we lost, Evan, being his typical self, sang, "Let it go! It's just a game! 
But you still might see me cryyyYYyyy!!!"
He fake bawled, even with tears, all the way up the hill.
Eli thought the three of us ought to have a band since we were so good 
and his idea for a name was........wait for it.......... The Jail Boys!!!

Hannah and Ben were my little helpers and this was the last day when 
we were so tired and this is how we all felt =)

I've never thought of myself as a teacher (I mean, really, don't people usually get 
more confused when I talk?!), but these kids said I was the best teacher ever and I have 
to go back next year and teach no matter what it is that's supposed to be taught.
Nearly half of them were constantly giving me hugs. 
I was pretty worried about getting any information into their heads like I 
was supposed to and expected of me, but they totally helped that happen 
and it was a great learning experience for me.
And oh!.....I have openings for my next camp.....!!!!.....just kidding....


No comments:

Post a Comment