Friday, June 6, 2014

New Friends!

I'd been watching this girl's blog (http://kelliefalconer.blogspot.com/) for quite a while now.
A couple months ago, before I left for Idaho, I realized that she lives there too
since she was mentioning places and towns around where Uncle Jay and Aunt Heidi live.

Me, with Kellie and her sister, Ellen

That gave me the exciting idea of maybe meeting her someday!
So I emailed her and was like, "Hey! I'm from Vermont and I've watched and loved your blog a long while now and think you'd be interesting to meet! 
My uncle lives out near you I think and I'm going out to visit him and I was wondering if we could meet up while I'm there.....?"
I freaked out (in a good way) when she emailed right back with, "So glad you emailed. I would love to meet up for a picnic one day while you are here! Let me know closer to the time you actually will be and we'll get together."
So we got to meet up one sunny and beautiful day 
(and her younger sister- one of the four younger ones) 
at the park nearby.
We had a fabulous time talking and discussing things about each others lives 
and what we like to do and such.


And then we walked around Sandpoint, ID because it has a wonderful main street with shops to visit.
We bought chocolate (always a delightful thing to nibble on!) and went back and ate it in the sunshine.
Both Kellie and Ellen had quite interesting stories about themselves (such as their family - 6 kids with their parents - has lived in a camper trailer for the last ten years because they are a building their log home 
and it's just taking so long!) and it was great fun to listen to all of them.

I am excited to be able to go back and see them and meet more of their family and see their house 
and land next time!
Super fun story to tell =)



No comments:

Post a Comment