Friday, May 23, 2014

Kiddies

My little cousins here kind of adore me (well it's probably because I'm new and around them and what else would they think?!) so we take lots of pictures and have fun with each other every day.
We take about 2 or 3 walks each day. For some reason walks are viewed as super cool and special (well they are - I think so myself!) around here. Usually I am asked between 10 and 15 times per day when we will be going on our next walk, though. If we went every time I'm asked, I'd be super.....umm...fit?....umm....thin?...umm....TIRED!!


Adam is pretty much obsessed with fishing, so this day we walked he carried his fishing pole for like 4 miles hoping and waiting for a good place to fish. I guess I'm just not that into it because I probably wouldn't do that =) 

Rowan found a super cool dandelion.  
While walking along, I heard Adam and Rowan discussing important things. 
Rowan: "I like playing legoes. And DS's".
Adam: "Rowan, do you love legoes and stuff more than you love God?!"
Rowan: "I love God the most, because he made the whole universe!"

            
This is my little lady. Seriously. I love her to pieces. She is super cute (like the time I asked her if I could take a picture of her and she said, "Sure, but I am going to tip my head to the side so I look cute. Ok?"), even though she can also be such a girl with the screaming so dramatically at one of her brothers that you think she's dying.
The first day I was out here I was holding her and I gave her a little lovey-squeeze. She gazed up at me and asked incredulously, "You love me already?!"
Yep. I think she's pretty great.

I want  would love to have a truck like this....


My attempt at a "cool" picture.... Not really sure....Avril was supposed to be looking like she was lecturing an indifferent Adam, which in truth she actually was! 

 Rhett is my special little buddy. He loves swinging, so we go to the park down the road and do it even though it makes me dreadfully motion sick : / That's what friends do! Haha....
Last night when he was all fussy and his mommy was busy with the other kiddos so that she couldn't pay attention to him, I grabbed him and ran outside to watch daddy mow the lawn. Daddy is his favorite, so we watched for a while and then we walked up the road and talked to each other. He also thinks it's pretty funny to have someone blow into his ears. He giggles because of how ticklish it feels =)
Some days he just randomly runs up to me, says, "HI!", with an impish grin, then grabs onto whatever of me is closest and gives me a squeeze, then runs away. I love it....

Even though children make moms and dads crazy sometimes (I'm not even a parent but do know that!) and they wonder what in the world they are doing wrong and why God has given them this job anyway, He always has a plan for everyone that just might not be able to be seen right away.
I'm realizing that focusing on the fun times with each of the little kiddies you interact with definitely helps enjoy them through their ugly moments and makes you think differently about them =)

"Children are a gift from the Lord...."
- Psalm 127:3


No comments:

Post a Comment