Monday, May 26, 2014

Thinking....

....about how many words there are to describe or envision so many things...

Smelling - campfire smoke on me, myself, and my hair
Encouraged - that some people think I am a kid magnet 
(Kaylee and kid magnet? They go together?!)
Pleased - that little Inez thinks I'm pretty cool (she fell asleep when I was holding her and her parents say she never does that with people she doesn't know!)


Shivering - ummm... because I'm cold?!
Excited - to meet a girl on Tuesday who I've been emailing because she lives here in ID.  
I follow her blog and realized she lives very close to here!
Listening - to Dailey & Vincent because I'm quite partial to them and their music
Waiting - to watch a movie with my uncle and aunt 
(the kids have to get to bed first-they're almost there.....)
Loving - walking barefoot in grass
Wishing - our church had a worship team like the church here 
(they aren't "rocky" but they get so INTO it!)
Talking - to Aunt Heidi while typing (it's actually pretty hard)
Wondering - if I will want to go home after having so much fun here =)
Disturbing, but Sweet - a kiss from a snotty-nose child
Crying - from a sad story my aunt is telling me
Remembering - how hard it must have been to live in the early 1900s 
(WWI, The Depression, WW II)


Laughing - at what happens when you tell two-year-olds to put their arms around each other! (i.e. above)
Hearing - a train go by (it's NOT uncommon because the track is right across the road and is used constantly but I am not immune to it yet)
Beautiful - is long hair on a little girl 
(like all the little ones around here seem to have waist-length hair 
and they're less than 10-yrs-old)
Difficult - a mom's life (it seems to be such a big job to train children how God wants one to and to still love them through all the ups and downs involved with that. 
My aunt and I are always discussing it =))
Adorable - is Rhett when he giggles and scrunches up his nose because I blew in his ear 


Splendid - the meatballs that Uncle Jay and I made this morning before church (we've never made them before and did not have a recipe, but they turned out quite well!). Everyone complimented us, we felt proud of ourselves (even with hands smelling like onions all through church), and we shared a fist bump.
Tired - what I feel when I go to bed too late (is there a connection?!)
Hilarious - how many rednecks in rattle-trap trucks are driving around here 
(rednecks make me laugh in general)
Anticipating - a nice long walk tomorrow
Broken - how my big toe still feels  from a 4-week-ago encounter with someone else's foot
Fabulous - would be to go 4-wheeling (we might be doing that some night this week!) 


Being Glad - that I have small friends such as these (Ada, Gwyneth, and Genevieve) who just adore me and tell their cousins (my cousins) that they just want me to live with them because I am so cool. Aaaww! 



No comments:

Post a Comment