Monday, May 12, 2014

The Wedding

On Saturday the wedding happened....
In the morning we girls went to set up the ballroom where the event was to take place. 
We knew we had to iron all the tablecloths and chair covers since they were awfully wrinkly, but I don't think - actually I'm pretty sure - any of us knew the full extent of  what ironing 160 chair covers and 20 tablecloths meant. 
We started working on them around 9:30 am and we ended up finishing about 2 hours before the wedding which was at 7 o'clock in the evening. Since the ballroom is so old, we kept popping the breaker and blowing fuses since we had too many irons/steamers going at once, which added to the length of time spent. 
There were people in a couple different rooms all working hard to get the wrinkles out of those things as fast as possible. 

Aunt Heidi and Josh *trying* to share an ironing board. They have a hilarious relationship since Heidi is continuously making fun of him and he just grins and loves it 

We all were trying to keep a positive attitude and since there were so many of us, most of the time it wasn't even that hard. One guy said that he was so happy to be able to do this 'cause now he could put ironing/steaming on his resume! 

 The Girls - Alyssa Joy, Alyssa Breanne (we had to call them with their middle names or we'd get mixed up), Amber, Ashleigh


An us-ie ;)


 Ashleigh and her boyfriend, Jacob - who is so sweet and super funny (he reminds me so much of Blake, my brother-in-law)
 
The most adorable flower girl ever - Avril. She loved being a princess =)

All us family that came for the wedding (I'm pretty sure I came the farthest : p)
Bridal party

Ethan and Alyssa - they got engaged the next morning! Maybe I'll be coming back out here at the end of the year.....


There was dancing which the little kids loved....well, I enjoyed it too, so I don't know if that makes me a little kid or it means that the big people had fun as well =)
I was dancing with my little cousin Lane when Rowan walked up, tapped Lane on the shoulder and informed him he "wanted his girl back now". They are only 7 or 8 yrs old but definitely characters already!
Avril was really getting into it with spinning and some fancy moves as you can see here. She informed me she learned everything because she took ballet :) 

              
Would you say like father, like son?! Yep. Pretty much. Uncle Jay is the funniest uncle I'm quite sure, and Rhett is always being silly and copying people like this.

Rhett and his little scrunched-up nose

No, Aunt Heidi did not catch the bouquet, but Alyssa did (and her boyfriend caught the garter) and ironically they are the ones that got engaged the next day =)

A dorky picture of me and Josh, but it's still an us-ie of us!

 Lots of preparations happened for this thing to happen and it turned out even thought there were the normal hitches that can't be avoided =)
We all were zonked when we got home at 11:45 that night after cleaning up the ballroom. 
Josh left the next morning really early, so some off us really didn't get much sleep the whole weekend.
But...... Amber and Joe successfully got married and are off on a cruise in Alaska for the next 10 days!


2 comments:

  1. You are so great! I didn't know that you had a blog but I greatly enjoyed reading everything. I asked Josh how you were and he said "Oh of course just like always... Sunshine and sparkles everywhere she goes!" Wedding looked lovely... I'm glad you got to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josh is just so sweet and great..... I was so glad he could be there too because it made it even more fun =)

    ReplyDelete