Friday, May 9, 2014

Little Kids Say the Most Laughable Things!


For the last year I babysat some cute little kids who have such wonderful personalities. In doing so, I’ve decided that if I ever have kids I want them to have personalities just like that =) I just stopped watching them on a regular basis, but it will definitely have some hilarious memories.
Lucas is 4-yrs-old and always has something to say about everything. Generally that could be annoying if you’re listening to someone like that, but he usually makes sense when he talks and is quite polite about how he answers me. The logic and intelligence he can throw around just cracks me up though. 



I was making lunch for him and his little sister one day and he was hanging around the kitchen wishing for me to really just go play with him, when he finally exclaimed:
“Come on, Kaylee! Let’s burn this baby!”

Me: Eyebrows raised in surprise…..

Lucas: “Kaylee, do you even know what that means?”

Me: “Umm maybe….what does it mean?!”

Lucas: “It means: ‘Let’s go and do it now!’ “

I had to laugh of course, since it was coming from such a little fellow. Where does he learn such things?!


Then, while we were eating lunch, I asked him what he wanted to do when he got big…..

Lucas (without hesitation after I asked him): “I want to be a motorcycle driver, a tow truck driver, a tractor driver, wrestler, a teacher, AND the owner of Pizza Man! And then a fixer and a builder that’s a champion, and someone who does everything that everyone else wants me to. And when I wrestle I want to win, but I might lose, but I will be the biggest!”

He can say so much in such a short amount of time and it’s pretty adorable. That’s when I don’t mind being a babysitter…..

Also, Lucas will be such a sweetheart when he’s older, his mom will be proud. He watches out for Natalie just like the big brother everyone should have. He holds her hand to help her over or around something. He gives her hugs and calls her his own little pet name for her, Nattie-Cat. He’s such a little gentleman most the time that I just have to go, “aawww!”



Another day, Natalie, Luke’s well-protected little sis, who just turned 3-years-old but totally looks two, found a hat while playing, and announced, to no one in particular:

“I’m gonna put on this Pizza Man hat…..This is Shane’s hat….”

Inwardly chuckling over her little one-sided conversation, I “innocently” asked her: “Who is this Shane, Natalie?” 

Her quickly given response: “He’s the big guy!..….He’s my daddy….!”

Oh, duh! I should have known!

Then their little neighbor girl (who is in between Lucas and Natalie in age), Sophie, was hanging out with us last week while we were going for a walk. She started running down the road at full speed, then jerked to a stop, looked back at me with big eyes and yelled:
“If I run, I can go faster!!!”

What a novel idea…..I’m gonna have to try that one!

Oh the joys of what little kids can come up with and say!



Of course not every day was wonderful because that is not possible. Those days that weren’t as cool I felt just like a stressed mother, but that then made me genuinely feel for all those mothers out there with little kids (or children in general). Moms are definitely heroes! (and dads are too, of course….)

I wouldn’t say that children and watching them/caring for them are really my thing and what I love doing all the time, but in doing so it totally helped me understand more about kids and how I think about them. That way when I have children, I will have lots of ideas in my head as to how I would like to raise them/do with them =) 
They are pretty funny too!

No comments:

Post a Comment