Wednesday, May 14, 2014

The Party Has Ended

Sadness.....everyone has left who was here for a long weekend for the wedding =(
I got here last Tuesday night, then everyone else arrived on Wednesday and it was a big party from there on out. Although I suppose it could have just seemed like that to me since I wasn't as involved in the planning and hosting department as my aunt and uncle.


...I did get to ride in this truck ;)

Two uncles had fifth wheels them and their families stayed in, and Mimi and Papa had their handy-dandy little camper van they are oh so proud of. The rest of us stayed in various parts of the house.
- Lots of ice cream was ingested (we were all Palmers after all!)
- Much sarcasm was distributed
- Josh and Uncle Jay were given a hard time all the time for falling asleep anywhere and always
- Discussions about various couple's dating/wedding experiences in comparison to the one taking place
- Match-making of Josh with basically any available girl in the belief we were actually helping him
- And lots more laughable times!

My little buddies.... We three went for a walk picking wildflowers out back the morning they left. I showed them how to press them in wax paper afterwards so you can keep them for a long time. They were intrigued by the idea, so Lane found some rather large leaves and put them under his mattress, nice and flat, so he could keep them forever!


Lane reminds me of the pictures of when Josh was little. Definitely all tucked in!
Such a gentleman too. While walking with him on a path behind the house, he'd run ahead to lift up branches so I didn't have to and they wouldn't get in my way. Such a sweetie....he kept giving me hugs when they left too.


  

  
They were all zoned out watching a show and I just snapped the pictures. I'm not a photographer, so so sorry for the very uninteresting pictures. I was just trying to get the moment =)


Cheyanne told me about five times that I just needed to forget about doing anything else and go home with them. She said to tell the airlines I changed my mind and then they'd understand and give me another ticket.


Rowan is such handsome little man. Wait till he's 16. His parents are going to love that! He's so smooth by flashing his dimples and grin and then pretty much gets whatever. He can even start crying if need be.
At the wedding he came up to me to ask if I had a quarter for the candy machine. I didn't have one but pointed at the groomsmen who were standing nearby and told him to ask one of them.
Of course he did and of course they gave him one. Not very long later I saw him over there with them again but this time crying. Next thing I know they all were digging in their pockets for loose change and he came out with 75c. I guess he did lose the first one or something happened but he definitely played it up and afterward they were teasing him about playing with them to get what he wanted. He made sure to tell them that he didn't ASK for anything! Nope. He sure didn't =)

Such an enjoyable time of it that will be a great memory, of course. So glad I got to be part of it all. 
Now I shall continue to try and have some excitement without all the others.....I think it'll work too =)

1 comment:

  1. 'Match-making of Josh with basically any available girl in the belief we were actually helping him'. Ha ha ha. We do the same thing here.

    ReplyDelete